Thursday 10 October 2013

Canterbury Cuffs

Those who remember from a while back I got quite excited about the prospect of Canterbury taking over the design and production of the new England rugby kit. They did a decent job, but their latest attempt has frankly left me baffled. 

There isn't much you can do with the color, I understand that. However, effectively keeping it the same and adding a black cuff to a short sleeve shirt makes my head hurt. Someone has reliably informed me that it is indeed dark blue but it looks black and with colours I believe its all about what it looks like rather than what marketing types tell me. 'My polo shirt is burnt terracotta'. No its not, its orange so shut the hell up and go buy yourself another skinny chai latte....
The training kit looks swish but you expect that from Canterbury. I'm hoping the disappointment of the new kit is just a ploy and a lead up to all the players ripping off their sleeves in a 'beserker' type rage before kick-off and going sleeveless 'Chuck Norris' on the un-prepared opposition.
Canterbury - Must.Do. Better.


No comments:

Post a Comment